Between the Customer and G J Johnson & Sons Limited (the Supplier).
- Acceptance of orders:
1.1. Any order by the Customer only becomes binding upon the Customer and the Supplier upon written (including email) acknowledgement of order by the Supplier or, if there is no written acknowledgement, upon commencement of delivery of the goods or services. The Customer is deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions to the exclusion of any terms or conditions of the Purchaser, expressed or implied, which conflict with these Terms and Conditions.
1.2. Where an order is received electronically in reliance upon information published digitally by the Supplier then for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions that information shall be treated as ‘the quotation’. The Supplier reserves the right if it considers it appropriate to require a signed hard copy order.
- Limitation of Liability
2.1. Where the Customer places an order for the purposes of its business
2.1.1. subject to 2.1.2. the Supplier’s liability in respect of any defect in any goods and services is limited at the Supplier’s option either to replacing any defective goods or services or refunding the relevant part of the purchase price
2.1.2. other than in respect of personal injury or death and subject to 2.1.1. the Supplier will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any defect in the goods or services or any negligent act or omission by the Supplier or any misrepresentation or breach of warranty.
2.1.3. the Supplier will not be liable for any loss or expense of an indirect or consequential nature including (but not limited to) to loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of reputation or goodwill, or claims by third parties, however such loss and expense may arise.
2.2. Where the Customer is a private person intending that the goods or services are supplied for private, domestic or other non-business purposes,
2.2.1. clause 2.1. shall apply subject to the preservation of the Customer’s statutory rights as consumer and
2.2.2. if the order is taken other than on the Supplier’s business premises the Customer is hereby given notice of its statutory rights of cancellation which are time limited.
- Payment: Accounts are strictly net and are due for payment by the end of the month following the month of invoice. Should any account exceed agreed credit terms or should the Supplier have reasonable cause to doubt the financial status of the Customer then it may demand payment forthwith of all sums outstanding and require payment prior to delivery of any goods and services. Late payment will attract interest at 5% above Bank of England base rate (or if greater the English County Court rate of interest on judgments) from time to time on the daily balance.
- Ownership: Goods remain the Supplier’s property until paid for in full in cleared funds.
- Quotations: The Supplier will endeavour to hold its quotations, whether in writing or not, and unless notified otherwise, for 30 days for the purposes of placing an order.
- Delivery and Performance
6.1. Delivery dates set out in any quotation or order are provided in good faith but time for delivery is not of the essence of any order and delivery may be affected by availability of stock and manufacturer’s priorities and other matters outside the Supplier’s reasonable control.
6.2. Subject to any terms for delivery and insurance set out in the acknowledgement of order or otherwise agreed in writing by the Supplier the price quoted shall be for delivery ex works and the Customer must satisfy itself as to compliance with any regulations or tariffs or duties or permissions relating to the movement of the goods outside the UK.
6.3. Unless set out in writing in the product documentation supplied by the Supplier or in the quotation or the acknowledgement of order the Supplier does not make any representation or warranty about the performance of the goods or services or their fitness for any particular purpose and the Customer is deemed to have satisfied itself on such matters from its own knowledge and expertise.
- Guarantee: All goods are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from date of despatch. Defective goods will be replaced free of charge within that period, if they are found to be of faulty design, workmanship or material, or at the option of the Supplier the relevant price will be refunded upon the goods being returned.
- Cancellation of Orders: Orders which have been acknowledged by the Supplier cannot be cancelled without the written agreement of the Supplier which reserves the right to require cancellation charges if it considers it appropriate.
- Returns: Goods supplied cannot be returned for credit or exchanged, without the original paperwork and the written agreement of the Supplier in which case a credit will be allowed, subject to a handling charge, provided that the goods are fit for re-sale in ‘as new’ condition following examination by the Supplier. Specially manufactured goods will not be accepted for credit.
- Damaged goods or shortage in delivery. Claims for goods damaged in transit or for shortages in delivery, will not be considered unless made in writing to the Supplier within three days of delivery. Where goods are accepted without being checked, the delivery note should be endorsed, “Not examined or counted”. Packages arriving in a damaged condition should be signed for as, “Damaged”.
- Non-delivery: In the event of non-delivery, the Supplier will not be liable unless notified in writing within 7 days following the notified delivery date. The carriers will not admit claims in their terms and conditions of Carriage, unless they are notified within the correct time.
- Law and Jurisdiction: The order shall in all respects be construed and operate as an English contract subject to English law. It will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Online Orders Delivery & Returns
Cut-Off Time For Orders
We aim to ship all orders for next working day delivery (Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays) subject to stock availability as long as the order is received before 3.00PM. If stock is not available we will contact you as soon as possible after order placement to advise delivery time.
All delivery rates below are for UK Mainland except Scottish Highlands. For all other areas please contact us for delivery charge.
Consignment weight to 35 kg (Next Working Day Parcel Rate) – £12.00 (Ex VAT)
Consignment weight over 35 kg or bulky items (Next Working Day Pallet Rate) – £50.00 (Ex VAT)
Delivery will be made by a reputable UK national carrier. In the unlikely event that the shipment contains damaged packages or packages are missing, these must be documented on the driver’s consignment note.
Any missing or damaged items must be reported to us by telephone or e-mail within 3 days of the items being delivered.
Typical Delivery Time
We aim to deliver for all products within 1-2 days, unless stated differently.
A full VAT invoice will be e-mailed to you on dispatch of your goods.
Should you wish to return any items please call us 02380 669666 or email email@example.com. You will be emailed a product returns form that should be sent enclosed with your returns.
All goods to be returned should be well packed and sent back to our warehouse address using a reputable UK carrier.
You will be advised by us via e-mail when goods are received and checked off for suitability to re-stock.
You have 7 days to request a product returns form and begin the returns procedure. After which time, stock returns will maybe subject to a re-stocking charge. No stock returns will be accepted 28 days after items have been delivered.
All refunds due will be credited back to the card that made the original payment once the goods are received into our warehouse.
Product Complaints Procedure
In the unlikely event of a product quality issue or failure please call us as soon as possible on 02380 669666 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible including photographs if available, so that we can work to resolving the situation.
G J Johnson & Sons Ltd. assume no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from its website. We have taken considerable care in preparing information and materials which is displayed in its website. However, we are unable to provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein.
Links to third party websites are provided for the convenience of users only. G J Johnson & Sons Ltd. is unable to provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information held within these third party websites – this is the responsibility of the publisher of the third party website. Furthermore, by linking to other websites, G J Johnson & Sons Ltd. in no way endorses the views or information held within such websites and is unable to grant permission to use material found on such sites.
G.J. Johnson & Sons Ltd trading as Johnson Valves operates www.johnsonvalves.com & www.johnsonvalves.co.uk websites, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
• To facilitate our Service;
• To provide the Service on our behalf;
• To perform Service-related services; or
• To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Copyright 2007-2017 G J Johnson & Sons Ltd. All rights reserved. The content and structure of the Johnson Valves website is subject to copyright law and other legislation governing the protection of intellectual property. The dissemination or change of the content of these pages is not permitted. The pictures which have been made available by third parties are also subject to copyright law.